Contest Rules and PolicyREGULATION on Atomexpo Awards contest as part of the 11th ATOMEXPO 2019 International Forum
This Regulation determines the goals, objectives, and the program of the ATOMEXPO AWARDS contest (the “CONTEST”) as part of the ATOMEXPO 2019 International Forum (the “Forum”).1. General issues
The ATOMEXPO AWARDS (hereinafter referred to as the “CONTEST”) is an international professional award recognizing the outstanding merits of leading companies/organizations in nuclear energy industry as well as substantial contributors to development of the industry and its use for the benefit of the humankind.2. Operator of the Contest
The operator of the ATOMEXPO AWARDS is Atomexpo LLC.3. Goals and Objectives of the Contest
4. CONTEST participation conditions
- To present the achievements of companies working in the nuclear energy industry;
- To increase public confidence in nuclear energy;
- To maintain a high level of professional competence in the nuclear energy industry.
4.1. Companies/organizations that took part in the ATOMEXPO Forum at least once from 2010 to 2019 may take part in the CONTEST.
4.2. The participating company/organization may submit no more than one application for participation in the CONTEST in each of the nominations.
4.3. One project cannot apply to participate in more than one nomination.
4.4. Jury have the right to allow projects and companies that did not take part in Forum to take part in the CONTEST.
4.5. The CONTEST is open to projects that have been implemented from 2010 to 2019.5. CONTEST Procedure
5.1. Stages of the CONTESTStage one:
collecting applications from January 26 to March 15, 2019;Stage two:
evaluation of applications by the Jury, selecting three nominees in each category from March 16 to March 27, 2019;Stage three:
Jury consultations at the Forum venue, determining the winners in each nomination – April 14, 2019. Awarding the winners at the Forum venue – April 15, 2019.
5.2. Procedure for accepting applications for participation in the CONTEST
Applications for participation in the CONTEST are submitted to the forum’s official website: http://2019.atomexpo.ru/en/
. The application form must be completed in English. The Application shall be accompanied by a basic description of the project, taking into account the criteria of the nomination for which the project is submitted.
5.3. Selecting winners of the CONTEST
Each member of the Jury reviews the applications submitted in each nominations and evaluates them according to certain criteria, assigning them evaluation points.
Three nominees are selected from each nomination by adding up the points assigned to each project in said nomination by all the members of the Jury.
The final winner is chosen by members of the Jury who vote in each of the nominations during the final meeting on the Forum website.6. CONTEST nominations and selection criteria
The CONTEST is held for the following nominations:‘Best Launch’ nomination
The award is given for the best project related to the launch of the national nuclear program, including the construction of a nuclear power plant in a new country.Evaluation criteria:
‘Nuclear Technologies for a Better Life’ nomination
- Project implementation period – starting from the fundamental decision on the creation of the national nuclear program.
- Scale of the project (number of units, ancillary nuclear infrastructure, and personnel);
- Efficiency of the project’s implementation: compliance of the project with the declared deadlines and budget;
- The degree of the project’s localization (level of involvement by local industry);
The award is given to the best project in the non-energy applications of nuclear technologies: nuclear medicine, radiation treatment technologies for agriculture and industry, safety and security technologies, nondestructive testing, etc.Evaluation criteria
‘Innovations for the Future’ nomination
- Public and social significance
- Relevance and scientific innovation
- Efficiency (technological effect, economic effect)
- Versatility (possible use/applicability of technology in other areas)
The award is presented for the most innovative and breakthrough technology projects in the construction, operation, and decommissioning of nuclear energy facilities and nuclear engineering projects.Evaluation criteria:
- the impact of the technology on existing practices
- effect of the technology in the industry (outside the industry)
(Feasibility and inter-sectoral features of the project are evaluated. The technological effect of the project’s use both inside and outside of the sector is analyzed along with the project’s feasibility in the nuclear sector and its influence, performance level, and competitiveness. For this purpose, the applicant needs to estimate and substantiate the potential of demand for the product/technology in other sectors).
- descriptions of advantages
- originality, novelty of the project
(The originality of the product/technology for the market is evaluated. The application form must contain proof-points for the technology/product’s knowhow, the project’s timeline, and authentic features )
- degree of project implementation
- providing the results,
- technology efficiency
(Evaluation of the project’s actual performance (or description of the implementation phase) and description of the project’s efficiency. The application form must contain the project’s timeline, current results, and a systematic description of the technical and functional parameters for the efficiency of the assessment)
- economic effect
- benefits of the end user from the use of the technology,
- benefits from the use of the technology by reducing cost and the terms of projects
(Assessment of the project’s viability for the end user. Evaluation of actual demand and potential market size. The application form must contain current results, the product’s effect for the end user, the current and projected data for 2-3 years, and market indicators).
- global market orientation
(Assessment of the global market presence. The application form must contain data on the amount of export revenue of the project/technology in total revenue and the number of exporting countries).‘Public Communications’ nomination
The award is given for the implementation of the most effective communication projects that aim to expand public communications in nuclear energy and create a positive perception of nuclear technologies among the population in general.Evaluation criteria:
- Acuteness of the problems
- Goals and targets
- Communications strategy
- Creativity of the strategy
- Practical activities
- Result (budget and efficiency)
The application form must contain the project’s timeline and target audience.‘Human Capital Development’ nomination
The award is given for the best project in human capital management that aims to create a talent pool for nuclear power programs and solve potential working personnel issues in the nuclear industry.Evaluation criteria
- Innovation and new technologies in HR
- Ambitiousness and scale
- Extra points are awarded for
7. CONTEST Jury
- Projects involving two or more organizations and countries
- Projects in compliance with one or more UN sustainable development goals
- Projects related to one or several strategic trends in the HR field (working with youth, digitilization, employer brand, knowledge management etc.)
- Strong reputation in HR professional community: wins in international and national HR-awards and ratings, membership in associations, corporate social responsibility and volunteering, references and commendations from the partners
- Sustainable business- and HR-indicators: active time on the market, revenue / profit growth, high level of involvement and performance, low staff turnover etc.
The CONTEST Jury is formed to:
- determine the CONTEST nominees from the nominated projects
- determine the CONTEST winners in each nomination
The CONTEST JURY includes universally recognized experts in various fields of nuclear energy and related industries, which ensures a professional, objective, and independent evaluation of the projects of the nominated companies/organizations that make a special contribution to the development of the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
The CONTEST Jury in each of the nominations includes 5 persons: the chairman and 4 Jury members.
As part of its activities, the CONTEST Jury shall perform the following actions:
- Receive applications from the Operator of the CONTEST.
- Consider and evaluate applications in accordance with the criteria and select three nominees for each nomination.
- Hold a meeting of the Jury at the Forum. Determine winners in each nomination.
- Participate in the award ceremony.